Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Old Faithful | Yellowstone National Park

Old Faithful, this was our first big stop. The Park Service has done a very nice job of making this a great family stopping place. Plenty to do for the entire family, from hiking trials, shopping, ice cream, two gift shops and a nice cafeteria and of course Old Faithful. There is even a beautiful rustic-style log lodge, Old Faithful Inn, original built in 1904.

I only got to step into the lobby and take two photos of the interior of the lodge because someone told us that Old Faithful was soon to erupt and we didn't want to miss it.


Old Faithful was erupting when we got out of the car, we thought about running to try and catch it but then decided not. I wonder if the visitors in this photo made it in time. (Run Susie, Run)

Sorry to say that this is the only good photo I got of Old Faithful erupting, it was much more difficult to photograph than I thought. Plus, you were only allowed to get so close because of safety concerns. 

Here is the Old Faithful Lodge and my first sighting of the yellow tour bus. 


I saw this yellow bus/car from a distance and had to get a closer look. How neat, a yellow convertible stretch bus limousine. Yellowstone Park offers driving tours and if the weather permits, the top will be rolled back and if you are lucky you may spot a tourist with his or her head poking out the top. 


The massive lobby of the Old Faithful Inn. I can only imagine what the rest of it looks like, and at $150 per night, I will have to rely on my imagination. Wonder if they put chocolates in the shape of Old Faithful on your pillow?

No comments: