Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My container garden for this season.




Here is my container garden for 2011. It is filled with hostas, peppers, tomatoes and one strawberry plant. I even have my favorite, a Gerbra Daisy. I allow myself one Gerbra Daisy plant a year which I will killed before it's time. This year I am trying yellow squash. Not sure how the squash will do in a container. In the beginning I put cayenne pepper on top to keep the squirrels from digging up the seeds. My hostas are doing great this year. By the looks of them, I will have to separate them this season which = more hostas! 

2 comments:

Melanie Busbee said...

I am so jealous of your beautiful hostas. And I love the names.
And - if you welcome advice - Jed says the squash plant needs ample room. You'll have to keep us posted with how your container squash does.

gardenermema said...

Wow, Pam, they are so neat. Your hostas are beautiful. I may to try some.