Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vegetables for me

It is wonderful to have great friends who have vegetable gardens. And it's extra nice that they give me the opportunity to go out in the garden and pick fresh vegetables.
White eggplant and purple peppers.
But I must say that these vegetables made me do a double-take and wonder.... did I picked them at the right time, are they ripe or too ripe.......one like me who does not garden, white eggplant and purple peppers just don't seem right. But once battered and fried, they were delicious. (I know, frying takes away some of the "nutritional" value, but they were oh so good.)

Cucumbers



The cucumbers were monsters. I wasn't sure if I would survive picking them (many spiders live in the cucumber plants and you all know I feel about spiders) but with all those cucumbers, it did leave me with a question... can you freeze cucumbers?

Bowl full of cherry tomatoes.
Along with the bounty of peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, I also picked many cherry tomatoes. I like to keep a bowl of them in the refrigerator and grab a couple at a time for a healthy snack... do you think I could dip them in chocolate? hey there is such a thing as a tomato chocolate cake, wonder how many cherry tomatoes it would take to make such a cake? and who could I get to make me one?

1 comment:

Melanie Busbee said...

I don't think I've seen a white eggplant. I bet it was delish!!