Sunday, April 25, 2010

Grilled Cheese Perfection

Not quite

Some of you know this, but for those who do not, I am not a cook and I really don't like to cook, so for me to attempt cooking is a treat (kind-of). The simple act of making a grilled cheese sandwich should come easy... but not for me. For reasons unknown I have the worst time making these little sandwiches, even with much encouragement and directions from my friend Melanie, I still find difficultly in the task. But I did promise her that I would try again, and the following is my attempt.


I got all the ingredients ready, even buttered the bread (well, I can't believe it's not butter, buttered)

I got frying pan hot and place the first slices of bread in and topped with cheese.

I waited until I could see the cheese start to melt and then I put the other slice of bread on and got ready to flip the sandwiches. I almost got the sandwich all the way other when it ended up sliding apart and sticking to the pan, but I quickly moved the bread and positioned it the best I could.


Then I noticed that I had a hole in the bread and cheese was starting to run out.

Here is the finished, not so pretty, grilled cheese sandwiches, a little crispy on one side, a little doughy on the other, and cheese coming out the side.

Maybe I should order a pizza.

No comments: